Introduced you the following disaster information.
1) General info. 2) Database 3) Update info
1) General info is the first website to check.
2) Database is the base to analyze the target disasters.
The disinventar is very accurate and detailed, however, the listed
countries are limited.
3) Update info. Is the website, we can check on a daily basis.
These are also useful to overview of the recent disasters.
Concerning, data on demographic, socioeconomic, and others, we should
clarify the levels from national to local.
1. UN data
2. World Bank open data
3. CIA world factbook
Provincial (States) Level
1. Government Office (National Statistics Office,etc.)
1. Local Government Office
When we investigate the disasters, we firstly go to the ADRC (if the country is Asia) and Relief Web to see some significant numbers such as the death toll and affected numbers. Then, check the disaster history of the target areas by EM-DAT and Desinventar (if the country is listed). We also overview the county’s background by CIA world fact book and check some socio-economic data by UN or World bank open data. In addition, the local government or community data of the target area are significant to be accessed. These are the primary action to grasp the whole picture of the disaster.